Rivered Quads - The last word in bad beats

Johnny_D Johnny_D

Rivered Quads - The last word in bad beats

This post was updated on .
Taken a few coolers today which wiped out my carefully won profits on the session and then some. A couple of them I had a chance, albeit a slim one, to get away from. This one, there was no getting away from.
Totally calling to see a flop in the BB with this many calls in the pot, chuffed to hit second nut straight.
Was happy to call his jam as didn't reckon on previous action gave him the nuts and he showed up with QQ, but my glee disappeared when the final Queen hit the board. Arrrghhh. :-)
Don't mind getting stacked but this was such a juicy pot too!! I was already ordering the luxury yacht by the time the turn was being dealt.
(Playing short stacked still, seems to be working out for me at the moment.)

Today's All-In Equity Adjusted WR 18bb/100, actual WR -29bb/100 - Ouch!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

MP1 ($6.34)
MP2 ($6.83)
CO ($3.19)
Button ($0.30)
SB ($2)
Hero (BB) ($2.38)
UTG ($11.44)
UTG+1 ($5.72)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 10
2 folds, MP1 raises $0.17, MP2 calls $0.17, CO calls $0.17, Button calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($1.02) 9, Q, J (6 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.76, MP1 raises $2.66, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.45 (All-In)

Turn: ($5.44) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($5.44) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.44

Results below: